This Staruday, 21/5, Černokostelecký Pivovár is hosting the 5th edition of Vysmolení, one of the two local beer festivals I can be bothered with going (the other being its sibling event, Vykulení, in Septermber). It just has pretty much everything I believe a good beer festival should:
- Free entry—paying an admission fee to buy beer? Fuck that!
- A fairly limited but well chosen range of beers, several drawn from wooden barrels.
- All the beers are available in proper, half litre portions—to drink in earnest.
- Plastic cups for those who can't be arsed with the inconvenience of a glass, while those who don't mind it, can either buy a glass on site or bring their own (provided is marked).
- It's not too crowded and the venue is great, and outdoors.
- The music doesn't start until later in the afternoon, by which time you are probably quite pissed and don't mind it.
In addition, you get to see master coopers practising their craft and visit the brewery proper, which is in the last stages of its reconstruction.
As every year, I'm very much looking forward. Spending a whole day drinking good beer among friends is always a great pleasure. See you there.
How to get there? Buses 381-387 leaving every hour from Háje to Kostelec n.Č.l.,nám