A couple of weeks ago, as we drove to the Farmers' Market in Dejvice, I asked my daughter what she wanted for dinner. Duck, she said (ain't that the best daughter in the world?). For some reason I've now forgotten, roasting a whole bird was out of the question that day. Fortunately, one of the stands was selling duck breasts that day and I bought three. While I sipped a beer at the market, after finishing with the shopping, I though about how I would cook them.
This is what I came up with. You'll need:
- Duck breasts (obviously), deboned
- 250-300ml of good Pale Lager (any pale would work, I think, even an IPA!)
- 2-3 (depending on thickness) Tbsp red currant jam, or whateverberry jam
- 1 medium sized carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium sized onion, coarsely chopped
- Sage, savoury, marjoram
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- salt, pepper
Na Zdraví! a Dobrou Chuť!
PS: Sorry for the lack of pictures. I made a couple, but they turned out crap. Too hungry to bother with things like illumination and focus.